Getting your website rank higher on Google is not a choice; it is a must. A case study based on an Australian toy company, ToyUniverse experienced an increase of 116% in organic traffic through SEO. It is essential to be well known for E-commerce SEO tips and tricks to maximize clicks and sales. And not being found by Google makes it hard to get new customers. Optimizing your website is both daunting and promising, as it requires proper implementation and audit. But, for appropriate execution, let’s understand SEO for e-Commercecompanies in-depth.
What is SEO in e-commerce?
A process of generating organic traffic when a customer searches on Google and a user is taken to the SERPs is SEO. eCommerce SEO is all about making sure your product and category pages rank in the top 10 results. In the SERPs, you get the organic results and the paid ads. E-CommerceSEO involves optimizing product descriptions, headlines,category pages, internal link structure, metadata and navigational structure for user and search engines.
Tip: Create a list of long-tail keywords and look for LSI keywords for each product and category page to experience a boost in traffic.
Your website with tons of products under variouscategories ranks with the keywords and requires following the SEO activities’reliable strategy and audit. You need to maintain a workflow, prioritize your web pages, keep an eye on the competitor’s website, and follow the Conversion Rate Optimization. To let your website optimized flagging high in the SERPs ahead of other eCommerce companies, you need to kick start with keyword research.
With 700,000, Google searches every 60 seconds of keywords play the most pivotal role. Keywords are a way to make your customers find you in the searchengines. Writing high-quality content along with the long-tail keywords; the audit supports your SEO efforts. Some of the free keyword tools:
- Google Related Search Suggestions
- Google Autosuggest
- Keyword Dominator
- Amazon Suggest
Apart from keyword research, there are other elements considered: Title Tags, H1, Meta Description, Subheads (H2, H3, etc.).
eCommerce SEO Audit
With the enormous number of eCommerce companies and billions of webpages, it is necessary to continually evaluate and improve it with audit checklist. Following an SEO audit helps you in improving the organic ranking.
- Measure and Monitor – With Google Analytics, Bing Webmaster Tool, and Google Search Console, make sure you measure and monitor organic traffic or users landing on the web pages.
- Keyword Research – Use Google’s Keyword Planner Tool, choose keywords with lower competition, and high search volume.
- Unique Meta Title – Test your title tag of each category and product page with this tool from Moz; as each title tag whether of the home page, product category page or other static pages should have a unique title.
- Unique Meta Description – Meta descriptions prompt your users to visit your site. Your page should have a unique piece of content and not exceeding the limit of 160 characters.
- Block Unnecessary Pages – Be assured of blocking unnecessary pages via Robots.txt tester. Using “disallow” directives, you can block pages like thank you pages, wishlists, and checkout pages that are not required to be crawled and indexed.
- Improve High Bounce Rate – Are you capturing users looking for information? If No, then you should as it can lead to high bounce rate.
- Breadcrumb Navigation – For improved rankings your subpages should have breadcrumb navigation as it is helpful for search engine robots and users. Breadcrumb navigation makes it easy to understand the site structure and simple internal linking.
- LIVE Out of Stock Pages – Are you keeping your out of stock pages LIVE? If No, then make them LIVE under categories and let your users return for them when in stock.
- Keyword Optimized URLs – To improve your SERPs visibility; inclusion of keywords in URLs is a must.
Follow this format:www.brandname.com/menu/category/sub-category
It will help you in easy crawling and indexing of the web pages.
- Speedy Website – Test your website speed with Google’s Developer Speed Test Tool for user experience and search engine visibility.
- Optimize Internal Site Search – Check how your customers use internal site search as optimizing products for internal website search is similar to Google Search Optimization.
- Use Canonical Tags – Are you making use of canonical tags for filtering page views? If No, use canonical tags to avoid duplicate content issues. Canonical tags will tell search engines to attribute page value to a primary URL.
E-commerce SEO Expert
SEO experts attempt to attract quality traffic. With the experience in this domain, they have a lot of insight well-known to the SEO expert and an understanding of how search engine bots crawl your website. An expert in SEO knows what factors contribute to ranking a web page leaving behind othercompanies’ top 10 search results. Tools like SEMRush help you in getting insights in both competitors’ and own domain. There are various SEO Audit tools. Some of the skills E-commerce SEO experts possess in their professional career:
- Understanding of HTML
- Expert in researching purchase intent keywords
- Well-known with the strategically addition of keywords
- Expert in promoting and building links to web pages
- An overview of Technical SEO and how it impacts rankings
- Understanding of Google Algorithm changes
With the hands-on practice; they dive deeper to help you attract new customers and achieve higher ROI.
E-commerce SEO Company
SEO leaves a positive result on the website’s organic visibility. An SEO company can help you increase traffic and grow sales by millions. And, having a website with no SEO is equivalent to writing a book and not publishing it. SEO agencies consider your website as a great marketing tool showcasing your products to your customers in real-time. With proven techniques, transparent reports and technical capabilities and experience; they help you grow your business. They too prioritize SEO Audit to improve site traffic.
The e-commerce sector is booming at a pace of 23 per cent every year. More than half of the population prefers buying online due to the various products available under categories. SEO for eCommerce companies is like low-hanging fruit. It results in high-converting recurring traffic by just making use of keywords and optimizing your site. Remember SEO takes time, and it is required to keep your strategy accurate as per the Google algorithms.